Features and Specifications
The features are what makes Punch! Home & Landscape Design Premium one of the best home design software options on the market. The program is loaded with hundreds of convenient features that make designing, constructing, editing, and selecting various elements a breeze. Here are some of the tools you are sure to get use out of:
- QuickStart is an inviting and encouraging feature if you want to design your own house but have no prior design experience. Using this tool, you can simply click on different rooms, hallways, and closets you want to add, and the walls, parameters, and structural framework will automatically be placed into the blueprint. Very convenient and extremely easy to use.
- Multiple views make it easy to see your design from every angle. Try an aerial view, dollhouse view, 2D, or 3D renderings.
- The walkthrough feature gives you a comprehensive look at how the finished product will appear in real life.
- The various wizards will also make designing and editing your project a snap. Everything from automatic roofing measurements and placements to windows, doors, and even frames and stairs lets you add specific details without having to painstakingly line up each one exactly.
- Additionally, the interactive suggestions are extremely helpful, and the video tutorials show you just how to work the program.
- The Punch! Home & Landscape Design Premium has a huge object library, so you can browse almost 5,000 images of furniture, appliances, railings, bathroom fixtures, cabinet, and housing items to see what they’ll look like, how much space they’ll take up, and if they actually work with your new home design.
Oh, and we’ve almost forgotten to mention the close to 4,000 plants that you can choose from to design and decorate your outdoor areas. Add patios, decks, retaining walls, and other backyard features for a full landscaping project. Another neat feature is the ability to view your plants as they progress through time.
Ease of Use
The Punch! Home & Landscape Design Premium home design software is extremely easy to use. In fact, you don’t need any experience with designing to pick up the program. Chock full of design wizards, helpful tips, and user manuals to walk you through the process, this is one of the best home design software options for typical homeowners who don’t know much about interior design.
Drawbacks and Limitations
The kitchen design tools, while not skimpy at all, are somewhat limited compared to other software options. You can still get the job done with plenty of frills, but professionals will notice the somewhat smaller gamut of tools available.
Currently, this version of Punch! Home & Landscape Design Premium is going for $99.99, but you can get it for less on Amazon. This is a little higher than average, but only by a couple of dollars, and you are getting a lot for your money.
Punch! Home & Landscape Design Premium has a tremendous array of support options, another aspect that makes it perfect for newbie designers. Just about any question you could have, and any issue you might encounter has been addressed and fixed within the support forum. There are FAQs from the actual manufacturer, so you are getting reliable and experienced answers from people who know what they’re talking about, and the how-to resources are invaluable. Finally, email and phone support are available as well.
All in all, Punch! Home & Landscape Design Premium is one of the best home design programs on the market. It makes designing any area of your home simple for even the most uninitiated homeowner. The software works with both the interior and the exterior of your home, which is a major benefit. If you are planning a full remodel, you don’t want to have to purchase two different sets of design software in order to create the full design.
Punch! Home & Landscape Design Premium is highly recommended for homeowners of all skill types, and it is one program that will not disappoint.