The great thing about this meal plan is that there is no preparation involved. Dishes are prepared by world-class chefs and there are more than 100 meal options for customers to choose from weekly. All you need to do is allow the meal to thaw in the fridge for 24-46 hours and then heat it up, which should take no longer than six minutes.
In addition to lunch and dinner dishes, there are also breakfast and snack options to keep your eating habits healthy. Balance by BistroMD might just be the meal delivery service you’ve been looking for. Keep reading our extensive review to find out whether this is the right one for you.
Ease of Use
Each available meal has the price as well as all the nutritional information and ingredients that make up the meal. This includes calories, carbs, fat, and protein. There you can also see whether that particular meal is diabetic-friendly, gluten-free, vegetarian and more.
As soon as you make your order all you need to do is wait. Most orders will be delivered to your door within two to five business days. The meals are freshly prepared and flash frozen so as to preserve the taste as well as the nutrients. If you’re not home when your meals arrive, that’s OK as they are packaged in cooling boxes so that they remain fresh until you store them.
There are four different plans which include:
- 7 Day program: seven breakfasts, lunches, and dinners
- 5 Day program: five breakfasts, lunches, and dinners
- 7 Day lunch and dinner program
- 5 Day lunch and dinner program
To enjoy Balance by BistroMD all you have to do is head over to their website, enter your full name, age, gender, weight, height, lifestyle and weight goals. Instantly a diet profile will be created for you constructed on the information you gave. It will also let you know whether you have a normal body mass range, underweight, overweight or obese.
This will all lead to additional information and suggestions on how much weight to lose and how long it should take.
When your profile has been created you will be prompted to choose a food program that suits you including options such as vegetarian, dairy-free, low sodium, low carb and all the others mentioned above. That said, you don’t have to stick to the same food plan all of the time, but you can chop and change as you please.
From there you can choose which delivery plan best suits you. Lastly, you will be asked to fill out your billing information as well as shipping details.
The Standard plan comes with a healthy balance that targets fat loss with a metabolic correction formula. You can choose from dishes made with beef, turkey, chicken, pork and seafood and select dishes like stews, soups, and pasta as well as plant-based options.
The gluten-free plan is a great choice for anyone that suffers from Irritable Bowel Syndrome, leaky gut or Celiac Disease. You might notice that the gluten-free menu options aren’t too dissimilar from other plans and this is because all the foods that are found in BistroMD are natural.
The Heart Healthy option will follow recommendations from the American Heart Association and feature meals with macronutrient content. Vegetarian meals will be mostly plant-based, but you will be able to choose from some seafood dishes as well.
Diabetic plans are low in carbs and high in protein in order to balance blood sugar levels. The Menopause program was created to cater to the dietary needs of women who are perimenopausal and those going through hormone replacement therapy.
Dairy-free will be perfect for those that are lactose intolerant, but this is also a great option for those following a vegan lifestyle. A Mediterranean meal program will ensure that you can explore all the great flavors of this part of the world, making sure that your dishes never become bland or repetitive.
In addition to all of these options, you can also choose to customize your own plan and mix and match from all the various meal plans available making it truly an individual approach to meal planning.
Another fantastic element of this meal planning service is that it will not cut back on delicious-tasting dishes just because you need to follow a certain diet. The professionals at Balance by BistroMD also understand that and believe that snacking is an integral part of any healthy diet. By snacking you can curb hunger pains, keep your blood sugar levels balanced and obviously keeps everyone happier.
You can choose from various snacks such as chips, protein shakes, pretzels, and even ice cream. They are rich in protein and are formulated to curb your hunger between meals.
Let’s take a look at some of the different meals you can order from the available plans:
- Chicken Piccata
- Chicken Mole
- Homestyle Waffles with Scrambled Eggs and Maple Syrup
- Jamaican-Style Black Pepper Shrimp
- Macadamia Crusted Barramundi Seabass
- Sliced Roast Beef with Red Wine Demi
- French Onion Meatloaf with Smoked Gouda
- Grilled Chicken Pesto with Farro Salad
- Roasted Cauliflower and Lentils with Charred Red Pepper Sauce
- Salted Caramel Pecan Bar
- Chicken Cacciatore
- Grilled Salmon with Creamy Pesto
- Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal with Scrambled Eggs
- Bagel Sandwich with Egg, Roast Beef and Pepper Jack
- Blackened Chicken with Creamy Smoked Paprika Sauce
- Breakfast Tostada
- Roasted Tofu and Ancient Grain Salad Bowl
- Southwest Bison Meatloaf with Smoky Tomato Glaze
- Chicken Meatball Marinara Wrap Kit
- Chicken Mole
- Cranberry Orange Multigrain Cereal with Ham
- Spinach and Feta Stuffed Salmon
- Southwest Taco Bowl
- Chicken with Lemon Peppercorn Sauce
- Baked Pasta Marinara with Chicken Sausage
- Meatloaf with Honey Bourbon Glaze
- Mozzarella, Roasted Tomato, and Basil Frittata
- Lamb Rogan Josh
- Merlot Meatballs with Grits
- English Muffin Sandwich with Egg Turkey Sausage and Cheddar
- Chicken, Rice and Cheddar Casserole
- Dark Chocolate Coconut Bar
- Stuffed Grape Leaves with Tomato Sauce
- Lasagna with Garden Marinara
- Canadian Bacon and Swiss Omelet
- Pork Tenderloin with Whole Grain Mustard Sauce
- Barramundi Seabass with Sweet Coconut Pineapple Sauce
- Scallops with Chili Garlic Sauce and Couscous
- Steak and Egg Scramble
- Beef and Vegetable Stew with Burgundy Wine
- Thai Coconut Chicken
- Honey Almond Cookie Crunch
- Split Pea Soup with Ham
- Salmon Provencal
- Oven-Fried Catfish with Spicy Tomato Leek Sauce
- Southwest Chorizo Frittata
- Tilapia with Orange Parsley Sauce
- Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- Greek Omelet with Fruited Quinoa
- Manicotti with Vodka Marinara
- Cheese Tortellini with Three Cheese Tomato Sauce
- Moroccan Lentil and Sweet Potato Stew
- Salmon with Bell Pepper Coulis
- Blackened Salmon with Creole Tomato Okra Stew
You have until 5 pm Eastern Standard Time every Wednesday to cancel or make changes to your upcoming shipment. New members will have until Sunday at midnight of their first week to make any changes to their order, but that is only for the first week, and the deadline changes the following week to Wednesday.
Your meals will arrive in an insulated cooler that you can reuse or recycle as all of the packaging is made from recyclable cardboard. This food delivery service will ship all over the US except for Alaska and Hawaii.
In terms of getting a refund, you can request one, but it cannot be on the basis that you did not like the taste of the food. If there was a shipping problem, or the meals did not come in the proper state that they’re supposed to, you can always contact support, relay your story and request a refund.
There are always around ten dishes to choose from in the discounted section, but you need to be quick as these offers are rotated quite frequently. Another way to save on cost is to collect the coupons that can be found on the Balance by BistroMD website, which can bring you savings of up to $35. Additionally, any orders over $99 get free postage.
When it comes to meal delivery plans it should be noted that other services offer similar prices, but need you to prepare the meals as well. This way, you end up saving, as you’re not spending added time preparing the food or pumping up your electricity bill.
These personalized menus are complete with meals that are prepared by world-renowned chefs using fresh ingredients. If you are constantly on the go, this meal plan service will save you cooking time, the time you spend going to and from the grocery store as well as saving you the hassle of staying on top of the nutrients found in your meals and counting calories.
The price of this service is not dissimilar to any other meal delivery company, but the meals are prepared for you, so there is no cooking time, saving you hours in the kitchen. All you need is to spend five minutes heating up your meal and you’re done.
Dietitian support, customer service support, and a large online community will allow you to engage and ask questions regarding your new dietary path. This is a winner in our books because it offers a simple cooking solution as well as a healthy weight loss outcome.