A good way around this is to use one of the best fitness meal delivery service plans that are starting to gain more and more popularity. While many people may use them simply to feed their families from the wide range of generic services available, more and more are turning to them for both weight loss programs and to help with having workout meals delivered to their door. In this article, we look at the best fitness meal delivery service plans that are worth subscribing to.
The Best Fitness Meal Delivery Service Plans
#1 Sun Basket
Keeping fit and staying healthy might be a difficult feat purely due to the hectic lifestyle most of us lead on a daily basis. Hitting the gym every other day is fantastic, but won’t mean that much unless you introduce a healthy eating lifestyle to work alongside your fitness schedule. You can choose from any of the meal plans on offer including Carb-Conscious, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Gluten-Free, Vegan, Quick & Easy, Vegetarian, Diabetes-Friendly, Pescatarian and Chef’s Choice.
- Stay Full – The Lean & Clean option will not have you feeling hungry, but rather energized after each meal with 20 grams of protein or more per serving and at least 5 grams of fiber. The meals also include good fats that are rich in omega 3 as well as the good fats found in nuts, seeds, olives, and avocados.
- Save Time – Fitness doesn’t have to be compromised with Sun Basket as you are saving precious time on grocery shopping and meal prepping for the week ahead. Why not have the best of both worlds with delicious, flavorful food that is clean as well as being nutritionally balanced.
- Get Notified – The great thing about Sun Basket is that you can sign up to weekly text alerts which will notify you about new weekly menus. You can also use the Sun Basket mobile app to either skip weeks or customize your menu.
- Wide Variety – Don’t get stuck with boring recipes on a weekly basis. Choose from as many as 18 recipes each week and mix things up. You can also choose from different meal plans just to keep things interesting.
Cost: From $10.99 per serving
For more information on Sun Basket read our extensive Sun Basket review.
#2 Green Chef
If you don’t have the culinary skills to deliver five-star recipes every evening for dinner, or just don’t have to time to stop off at the store to purchase ingredients before making your way home to cook dinner, Green Chef has a great solution for you. Bringing freshly prepped ingredients to your door, with simple to follow recipes, you will be cooking up a storm in no time. With the option to choose from various meal plans like Paleo, Keto, Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-free, and more, changing your lifestyle to a healthier one will not be a problem or a chore.
- High-Quality Ingredients – Green Chef take their ingredients carefully and you can be sure that their meats, seafood, vegetables, and spices are of the best quality available. The food arrives fresh and the recipes combine fabulous sauces, spices, and dressings including cilantro, mint, mojito-style marinade, and Mexican spices.
- Simplicity – a majority of your ingredients are already prepared ahead of time. This means when start cooking, all of your carrots, onions, sweet potatoes and other ingredients are taken care of – just throw them in the pan.
- Amazing Recipes – The recipes prepared for you are restaurant-quality. This is because qualified chefs carefully create each recipe to suit your particular meal plan. Another plus is having all of your ingredients color-coded so that you can easily spot which ingredients go into which meal.
Cost: From $10.99 per serving
For more information on Green Chef, read our extensive Green Chef review.
Diet-to-go offers a 5-week rotating menu with four plans available as well as free substitutions for any meals that may not suit your personal tastes. You can choose to have the meals delivered or Diet-to-go even has options for pickup in areas including San Francisco, Los Angeles, Washington, Philadelphia, and New Jersey. The four programs all focus on bringing delicious pre-cooked and healthy meals to your door and include Balance, Balance Diabetes, Keto-Carb30, and Vegetarian options.
- Ideal For – If you want to focus on your fitness and eating healthily, this is the meal plan for you. Also if you don’t have the time to waste on prepping, cooking and even worse, purchasing groceries, Diet-to-go will save you a huge amount of time when it comes to cutting out these activities.
- Quick and Easy – Signing up is simple. Just enter your personal information and answer some questions regarding your health, then choose your plan and whether you want your meals delivered or if you will pick them up personally from one of the pick-up areas. Women are allowed around 1,200 calories per day while men can consume 1,600 calories and you can expect to lose around 2-4 lbs per week within the first few weeks.
- Choose How Many Meals You Need – They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day so if you wish you can have three meals, including breakfast delivered to your door, seven or five times a week. Alternatively, if you like you can have only lunch and dinner menus delivered for those five or seven days and make breakfast yourself.
- Tasty Meals – Breakfast menus include things like: Pork Chop Breakfast, Western Omelet, Sausage Gravy and Biscuit, Scrambled Eggs and Cheese Omelet. Lunch will have office colleagues jealous as you devour tasty meals like: Fiesta Burger, Baked Chicken With Goat’s Cheese, Old Fashioned Pot Roast, Chicken Parmesan over Ratatouille and Chicken Fontina. On the other hand, dinner will include meals such as: Roasted Half of Chicken, Lemon Herb Tilapia, Chicken Marsala, Beef Tenderloin with Red Wine Sauce and Pork Chop Pomodoro.
Cost: Balance and Balance-Diabetes meals start at $8.57 per meal whilst the Keto-Carb30 will start at $9.47 per meal and Vegetarian options start around $8.57.
For more information on Diet-to-go read our extensive Diet-to-go Review.
This food delivery focuses on users losing weight and changing their outlook on healthy eating which is perfect for those focusing on fitness. There are two aspects that make BistroMD different from competing meal delivery companies, in that it doesn’t rely on calorie counting or portion control and the food really tastes out of this world. BistroMD was created by a weight physician and is based on science.
- Various Programs Available – You can choose from different meal deliveries including the seven-day program which will provide you with 21 meals per week including breakfast, lunch, and dinner, the five-day program which gives you access to three meals for days as well as lunches and dinners for seven or five days.
- Based on Science – You will receive meals with a focus on balance, many of which include lean protein, complex carbohydrates, and healthy fats. There are over 150 options to choose from so you will never tire of boring and bland meals with BistroMD. Expect to eat meals like Chicken Cacciatore, Hickory Smoked BBQ Beef with Yukon Gold Potatoes and Green Beans, and Tilapia with Smoky Tomato Sauce and Vegetables. BistroMD is also big on snacks so you can count on things like dried beef strips, parmesan Italiano chips, and chocolate gelato. Yum.
- It’s Beyond Simple – With BistroMD all you need to do is select your weight loss program and place your order. As soon as you do so you will gain access to support which includes fitness experts, registered dietitians as well as the BistroMD resource library. You can customize your plan by logging into the member portal and check out menus as well as make any necessary adjustments. After that, you will receive your delivery at your door. Just store, heat up, and enjoy the delicious meals all while staying healthy.
There are various plans to choose from including standard, gluten-free, heart-healthy, diabetic, and menopause.
Cost: Meals start from $5.99 and range up to $13.99 per meal.
For more information on BistroMD, read our extensive BistroMD review.
It’s well known that keeping fit is the perfect combination of exercise and healthy eating habits. With Purple Carrot meal plans, there are various plans you can choose from, all of which are suitable for people concentrated on keeping up this lifestyle as they offer plant-based meals only. There is Quick & Easy, which allows you to create a lovely meal within half an hour, perfect for those constantly on the go. If you want to go beyond quick recipes and develop your culinary skills with the Chef’s Choice plan. Probably the best of the three plans is the High Protein option which will have you energized all day long, providing ingredients that are high in protein.
- Nutritional – Health and fitness enthusiasts can also look to the TB12 plan which is full of nutrients that your body needs to stay energized and keep up with your active lifestyle. All of the meals in the TB12 plan are vegan, gluten-free and high in protein and based on special guidelines.
- Delicious Recipes – Creating delicious vegan meals has never been easier, with simple recipes and fresh ingredients that are perfectly portioned in order to keep waste at a minimum. Try meals such as a chopped salad with togarashi tempeh bacon and wasabi ranch dressing, blond puttanesca with broccoli and lemon caper sauce or tandoori chickpea burgers with pickled garlic and carrot fries.
- Lifestyle Choice of the Stars – Tom Brady, New England Patriots quarterback, is one of the many athletes that love Purple Carrot’s TB12 meal plans, saying, “What we get out of our bodies is a direct result of what we put in. Food is fuel, and we believe that food can help you achieve and sustain your peak performance.”
Cost: You will receive two servings per meal, three times a week at $12.99 per meal with shipping included.
For more information on Purple Carrot read our extensive Purple Carrot Review
If you want to learn the skill of portion control, Nutrisystem might just be the way to do it. This program offers various programs for men, women, seniors, vegetarians and those with type 2 diabetes. Keeping to ingredients which contain lean protein and low GI carbohydrates, this meal delivery kit delivers meals that you can complete with low-fat dairy, fruits, vegetables as well as other lean proteins, which is great for those wanting to get fit.
- Daily Calorie Intake – During the first week of the program, both men and women will have a calorie intake of around 1,000 calories which will allow you to jumpstart your weight loss along with your fitness plan. After the initial week, men will be able to consume around 1,500 calories whilst women will be able to have around 1,200 calories per day. They will be made up from 50% of carbohydrates, 25% from protein and 25% from fats.
- Experience Guaranteed – These guys have been in the dieting industry for around 45 years and have helped millions of people achieve their weight loss goals. Designed by nutritionists, Nutrisystem has various support services as well as online tracking possibilities so you stay on track.
- Mobile Phone App – This is one feature that sets Nutrisystem apart from the pack. Having a smartphone app means that you will be able to keep track of what you’re eating as well as access to the best foods to eat when you’re out at a restaurant with friends. You can also insert your exercise logs there and find motivational materials there too.
Cost: You can spend as little as $8.39 per day. Be mindful that there are always coupons available online which will discount the price even further.
For more information on Nutrisystem read our extensive Nutrisystem Review.
Other Benefits of Using Fitness Meal Delivery Plans
One of the biggest draws of using any of the above best fitness meal delivery service plans is the huge time saving it provides through the ease of use and through completely cutting out the need to go to the grocery store. Plus, given that preparation times for meals are dramatically reduced thanks to the amount that has already been done for customers, using a meal delivery service has this initial obvious draw.
There are far more benefits however which will get you signing up to one of the best fitness meal delivery service plans above in no time at all:
- Better home economics – Using one of these delivery services can actually save you money. This is so often overlooked or disbelieved by potential customers. But the reality is, as the best fitness meal delivery service plans will cut out waste as well as stopping you purchasing things you don’t need in the grocery store, they save you money. So while the initial cost per serving price may look like quite a lot for a plate of food, remember the hidden costs that we don’t take into account when preparing a meal from scratch.
- Improving your repertoire of recipes – Particularly during the week, we are all guilty of falling back on a small number of trustworthy recipes and dishes for our supper. This is, even more, the case when we are following a stricter diet that limits what ingredients we are allowed to use to create our day to day meals. However, by using one of these fitness meal delivery services, we are able to enlarge our library of dishes no end. That’s because there is a huge team of chefs working behind the best fitness meal prep delivery plans that do all the hard work and thinking for you. It will really open your eyes to how creative you can be within a restrictive diet that is suitable for bodybuilding or fitness.
- Suitable for all – Through the use of these aforementioned chefs, the best fitness meal delivery service plans are fantastic for the whole family to use as the recipes that are delivered are all delicious. In addition to satiating everyone’s taste buds and keeping interested live in food for every family member, it will also meet a person’s fitness requirements so that they can optimize their ability to workout efficiently.
- A balanced and nutrient-rich diet – In connection with being suitable for all the family, as well as creating a week full of food that is interesting to eat each and every day, is that the chefs behind these delivery plans create a balanced and nutrient-rich diet too. So while you can be confident that your diet requirements in terms of your fitness needs are met, you can also be confident that you and the rest of your household are getting all the vitamins and minerals they require too.
The Bottom Line
As many fitness experts will tell you, working out will only get you so far when trying to reach your fitness goals. At some point, your diet needs to be addressed so that you can continue to attain your targets in the gym. Yet, many of us will not have the knowledge base required to ensure that this is possible. There is so much science behind what is the optimum mix of food types for those that are trying to improve their bodybuilding abilities or simply how far they can fun.
The best fitness meal delivery service plans make this possible. Plus, they make it possible with minimal effort and input from yourself. You simply sign up to a subscription plan and state what your dietary requirement is. Other than picking what days you want to receive food for, there is very little else you have to do bar cooking the actual food, which with some of the best fitness meal delivery service plans simply means warming it up.
In terms of improving your fitness, it is a great idea, but when you consider all the other benefits that come as a side product, signing up to one of the best fitness meal delivery service plans can be nothing short of life changing.