If you are a family looking to have a single, unified password manager for all of your site logins, Keeper is the choice for you. It makes our list for the incredible number of collaboration friendly services it offers, such as:
- Unlimited password storage
- Sync data, notes, and login information across an unlimited number of devices
- Secure cloud backup for easy recovery
No matter how many members of your family there are, Keeper offers a one-stop solution for password and data protection and storage. Everyone can save their own passwords, sync with one another, and then recover the information if anything should happen to it.
In addition, Keeper has a number of additional security features that ensure protection even if a younger family member loses their device or unwittingly shares information with a friend:
- AES encryption
- Biometric lock/unlock functionality
- Multi-factor authentication
If you are a parent looking to share sensitive information with your children but are afraid of the potential consequences of doing so, you won’t find a more family friendly application than Keeper to put your mind at ease.
Read more about Keeper in our extensive review.
Dashlane is the only password manager application available that holds an actual patent with the US patent office for its technology. Its unique security features are second to none, and include:
- Cloud-based data backup
- Cloud-based data sync
- Secure local storage of access key
Together, Dashlane is able to provide the maximum protection possible.
In addition, Dashlane also has a “zero knowledge” data policy, meaning that none of the data it protects is stored on the company’s servers. This completely eliminates the possibility of a hacker targeting Dashlane in order to make off with a bulk amount of stolen data.
With such unique, secure technology you might think that Dashlane would cost al to more than competing services. In fact, it’s a free app that anyone can take advance of without paying a penny. The commitment to security as well as a fair price makes this one of the easiest password manager apps to recommend.
Read more about Dashlane in our extensive review.
LastPass is the world’s most well-known password manager application for a reason. Anyone who is looking to start taking their data protection seriously can sign up for a free basic account in just minutes.
- Once you have a free basic account, you will be able to take advantage of the following functionality:
- Generate random, secure passwords
- Store all your passwords in a completely secure vault
- Use the auto form filler to auto populate them into any online forms or fields in the future
- Secure note taking
Simply put, you can get a fully functional password manager nearly instantly and for absolutely nothing. You really can’t beat that. And despite the incredible value being offered, LastPass is fully secured using the following methods:
- Industry leading AES-256 bit encryption
- Passwords and other information is not stored by LastPass, so even if hackers gain access to the site your information isn’t there to steal
The ultimate beauty of LastPass is that it puts everything someone needs to have peace of mind online right at your fingertips, for free.
Read more about LastPass in our extensive review.
RoboForm is unique for the amount of powerful features it is able to pack into a sleek, minimalist design. If you are the type of person who wants to have a lot functionality but can’t stand the clutter that can come with it, you’ll want to check it out.
The commitment to simplicity extends to the pricing model as well. Getting started is free; the basic plan costs nothing while still offering all the essential functionality like:
- Secure vault storage
- Secure password generation
- Password audits to uncover any weak passwords you are currently using
Beyond the basic plan, there are additional plans designed to meet the the known needs of certain types of people:
- “Everywhere” plan ($19.95/yr): For busy professionals working across multiple devices depending on if they are in the office, at home, or on the go. This plan offers the same access across all devices
- “Family” plan ($39.90/yr): Families can benefit from a plan that allows five different users to share access to a centralized vault. Perfect for parents who want to limit their children’s time on certain sites, or restrict their use of social media or email services
- “Business” plan (price varies based on volume of accounts): Business can get different plans based on the size of their organization that include centralized employee on-boarding, policy deployment, an unlimited number of admins, and more.
Overall, RoboForm makes the list for its excellent range of plans that will meet the needs of a wide variety of users.
Read more about RoboForm in our extensive review.
1Password offers users many different pricing options that allows them to customize the features and services they use to meet their specific needs.
There are a several different subscription plans to choose from. The basic subscription plan costs $2.99/mo and comes with a slew of features including:
- 1GB of storage
- The ability to restore deleted items and passwords
- Security audits
For users who are frequently on the go with their mobile device or tablet, there is also a “travel mode” designed to give you peace of mind. It comes with the following additional security features:
- Removing any data you can’t afford to have stolen from your device
- Automatic restoration when you return home
- Ability to share your data with someone you trust quickly and easily as a backup
We’re definitely impressed by the amount of features offered for such a small subscription fee — by far one of the best values available anywhere.
Security is also a standout category for 1Password. It has one of the most comprehensive security feature lists you’ll find anywhere, including:
- AES-256 bit encryption
- Biometric touch ID locking
- Multi-factor authentication via Google authenticator and others
Such a comprehensive suite of powerful tools ensures that you will never have to worry about your data getting lost, stolen, or misused. When combined with the travel mode feature, it’s one of the best choices for anyone who is serious about restricting access to their sensitive documents and information.
Read more about 1Password in our extensive review.
We put so much of our personal information online today. Whether its bank accounts, sensitive records, or anything else that we want to keep private, it’s important to take the time to keep your data secure.
All of the password managers on this list do an excellent job of mixing security, price, and functionality in order to give you the confidence you need to use the web without fear. Many of them are free, so there is no excuse to go another minute without protecting yourself right now.