- Free Lite Ivacy VPN Review: Want to Know if It's Cracked Up to Be? Ivacy has released a Lite Free VPN version so we uncover whether it is worth going for the free version or sticking to the paid VPNs we know and love.
Latest VPN Related News
- UK Information Commissioner’s Office Orders Cambridge Analytica to Hand Over US Voter Data Cambridge Analytica, a consulting firm that is known for its involvement in the Facebook scandal, has been ordered to return the data and personal information of an American voter. If the firm fails to hand over the information, it may face criminal charges.
- US Cyber Command Receives a New Status and Leader The cyber warfare unit at the Pentagon has been given an elevated status along with a new commander. The change represents the need of cyber security throughout the United States.
- Apple to Launch a News Subscription Service Apple will integrate the Texture magazine app to create its own news subscription service.
- Mignon Clyburn Stepped Down from the Federal Communications Commission
- Cambridge Analytics Scandal May Have Affected Over 80 Million Users
- Chinese VPN Ban Wreaks Havoc On Individuals & Businesses Alike
- Mark Zuckerberg to Testify over Cambridge Analytica Scandal
- Twitter to Ban Cryptocurrency Ads
The internet is peppered with privacy and security concerns. These come in the form of hackers, cybercriminals, malware, adware, trojans, worms and viruses. To safeguard the integrity of your personal information and your browsing sessions, experts recommend that everybody uses VPN software. A VPN, or virtual private network, adds additional layers of security and privacy to your online browsing experience. This is especially useful to you when you’re using free WiFi or public internet. The VPN service also provides access to a new IP address for the user in a gateway city anywhere in the world. For example, you could be logging in from West Palm Beach, Florida, but connected to a gateway in Johannesburg, South Africa.
How Does a VPN Protect Me?
There are many reasons why VPNs are particularly useful for your smartphone, tablet, phablet or PC. For starters, VPNs make all your internet browsing sessions anonymous. When you surf anonymously, you can access websites without anyone knowing what you’re doing or tracking your browsing behavior. Furthermore, VPNs encrypt all your internet traffic so that nobody can intercept your communications. Anyone attempting to spy on you will not be able to see which passwords you are using. All banking, e-commerce, social media and other information is kept private from prying eyes.
You may have tried to access websites like Netflix or Pandora in foreign countries, and received an error message that the website is unavailable to you. This is because many websites are geolocation specific and they don’t provide their services to people outside of their country or region. However, when you use VPN software, you can reroute your traffic through a virtual private network and masquerade as if you are in that region. You may wish to watch a live sports match taking place in India, the United Kingdom, or South Africa, but be based in Canada or the US. A VPN allows you to unlock services available to people in specific countries or regions.
What Do Our In-Depth VPN Reviews Provide?
There are scores of different VPNs out there. As an individual user, you may wish to know what benefits are available to you with each service. The best VPN service for one person may not be appropriate for another. It is a personal decision, based on cost considerations, bandwidth requirements, the inclusion of spyware, antivirus and malware protection, etc. You may be interested in a VPN that allows you to access content in a specific country, and it’s important to know whether services are available in that region. Certain VPN providers monitor your browsing activity, and will block you from accessing content if the law prohibits it. Our reviews note these instances.
You Want Some More? Check This Out!
Aside from reviews of the top VPN services, our VPN experts also provide in-depth articles for you, video content to show you how VPNs work, and the latest news about the world of VPNs and online privacy.