In This Article:
Points System Explained
The points system is pretty simple once you get the hang of it. Here’s a breakdown:
- Every food is assigned a certain number of SmartPoints. More nutritious foods are fewer points, while foods high in saturated fats, processed sugars, and oils are more.
- You’re assigned a daily SmartPoints limit based on your preset goals. Don’t go over the limit. That cheats your body of the system’s power.
- Physical activities earn you FitPoints, which increase your SmartPoints limit. These activities are demonstrated in instructional videos already loaded and ready for you on the app. Rewarding FitPoints promotes a more active, healthy lifestyle.
People really love Weight Watchers for a number of reasons:
- The most appealing aspect of this diet is that no food is actually forbidden. This flexibility allows you to gradually change those hardened (bad) eating habits to better, healthier ones with time.
- There are no packaged foods, shakes, supplements, or equipment required for additional purchase.
- The work is really done for you. The app counts the calories (or points) for you, delivers menu plans, workout schedules, and friendly advice on how to make the most of the program. Not much effort is required in order to maintain your plan.
- You’ll learn how to shop, cook, and plan perfectly to optimize your weight loss and boost healthier living habits with in-person meetings or online coaching.
- Weight Watchers prides itself on being a holistic lifestyle change, not just another diet. And that’s a fair claim considering all the additional features they offer their clients. The numerous meal trackers, progress charts, exercise programs, and coaching options make Weight Watchers successful at helping people turn their entire lives around for healthier living on every front.
Does it Actually Work?
Weight Watchers is one of the most successful and enduring weight loss programs out there. It has stood the test of time, as clients have been able to lose and keep the weight off years after starting the program. It’s a smart lifestyle choice for those with high blood pressure, cholesterol problems, diabetes, and heart disease, though really it benefits anyone who tries it.
Want to feel healthier, look better, and live longer? Then check out the Weight Watchers weight loss program, and experience the difference for yourself today. (Want another option? Check out Jillian Michaels’ workout routine for a more intense weight loss system.)